KOST FIRE AND SAFETY an industry leader serving Southern Alberta and Alberta’s Gas & Oil Industry for over 65 years is currently hiring a Fire Extinguisher Technician for its location in Medicine Hat.
Main scope of work includes and not limited to:
- Inspect, repair, and test fire extinguishers and fire suppression systems using hand tools, hydrostatic test equipment, and monitoring devices
- Dismantle and examine extinguisher parts, extinguishing agents, and expelling means. Replace worn or damaged parts
- Hydro-test Low & high-pressure cylinders
- Clean and recharge extinguishers with approved materials
- Assist in fire safety inspection
- Working conditions may include restricted movement, dusty conditions (protection gears provided), lifting or carrying of heavy objects
- Meet, Greet, and assist customers with their inquiries on fire and safety equipment, services and sales
- Hold a valid driver’s license with a current, clean drivers abstract.
- Able to travel and overnight if required.
- Skills in inspection, repair, maintenance and testing fire safety equipment.
- Knowledge of safety equipment and products
- Ability to work with small tools and ability to lift 55lbs
- Ability to work independently
- Competent computer skills
- Sales, retails, and customer service experience is an asset
- Kitchen fire suppression, fire Sprinkler, fire alarm, or smoke detectors experience is an asset
- Fire extinguisher maintenance and high-pressure hydro testing experience is an asset.
- 1-year industry experience is an asset
Candidates with appropriate certification and experience are preferred. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Kost Fire Safety offers a competitive wage, incentive, and benefit package. Also offers relocation to out of town certified candidates.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent