Position: Fire Extinguisher Technician
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Main scope of work includes and not limited to:
· Inspect, repair, and test fire extinguishers and fire suppression systems using hand tools, hydrostatic test equipment, and monitoring devices
· Dismantle and examine extinguisher parts, extinguishing agents, and expelling means. Replace worn or damaged parts
· Hydro-test Low & high-pressure cylinders
· Clean and recharge extinguishers with approved materials
· Assist in fire safety inspection
· Working conditions may include restricted movement, dusty conditions (protection gears provided), lifting or carrying of heavy objects
· Meet, Greet, and assist customers with their inquiries on fire and safety equipment, services and sales
· Hold a valid driver’s license with a current, clean drivers abstract.
· Able to travel and overnight if required.
· Skills in inspection, repair, maintenance and testing fire safety equipment.
· Knowledge of safety equipment and products
· Ability to work with small tools and ability to lift 55lbs
· Ability to work independently
· Competent computer skills
· Sales, retails, and customer service experience is an asset
· Kitchen fire suppression, fire Sprinkler, fire alarm, or smoke detectors experience is an asset
· Fire extinguisher maintenance and high-pressure hydro testing experience is an asset.
· 1-year industry experience is an asset
Candidates with appropriate certification and experience are preferred and. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Kost Fire Safety offers a competitive wage, incentive, and benefit package. Also offers relocation to out of town certified candidates.